Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!  We went to church this morning and according to my mom there was 1,400 people
in the 9:30 service!  It was crazy!  There were like a hundred people sitting in the entrance lobby watching the service on a tv because there wasn't enough seats in the worship center!  That's so amazing!  After church I got to see my baby girl!  I call her my niece, but actually she's my cousin since she's my cousin's child, but I'm an honorary aunt!  How I love that little tyke!  Princess L was all cute in her easter dress and hat!  I was holding her and she was chewing on my purse.  Apparently the big bow on my purse is perfect for cutting teeth!  I can't believe she will be one the day before the wedding!  Time flys by.  After seeing Princess L and her mom and dad, Fire Boy and I left to head to his hometown to see his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  We ate a scrumptious meal of ham, macaroni & cheese, corn, green beans, and mashed potatoes.  After the meal Fire Boy and I were goofing off and taking pictures with my phone.  Fire Boy stuffed chocolate eggs under the top of his lip and well, let's just say we were laughing so hard at how he looked!  Here is my little Easter 'Who' Bunny from Whoville!


There is no words to describe this!

We also visited his Mamaw (great grandmother), who is by the way a hundred years old.  Mamaw is an amazing Godly woman.  She can't see and barely hears now, but her faith is so strong.  Fire Boy's mother says that Mamaw is the only person she knows that has never said an unkind word to or about anyone.  She loves with all her heart and believes without a doubt in the Lord.  Today she wasn't feeling very good after leaving the hospital yesterday, but she didn't complain and is still faithful in her pain.  I ask you please to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  With this note, I leave you to think about how wonderous it is to have lived a full and Godly life!  How amazing that this woman of God has been here with her family for so long showing us how to live a life centered around God.  Her faith runs deep and God has blessed her, so she is an example of how we should live our life for God.  I know of another person equally humble and faithful.  My own Grandmother.  I am lucky to have known both of these persons and I, having been touched by them, want to strive to be a better Christian like them.  Happy Easter everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. aww, what a cute post!!! :D I wish I could've been home for Easter to see family and eat with everyone :( stinky. Neal's pics are hilarious. He seriously does look like a Who from Whoville! :) :)

    ReplyDelete