Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where does the time go?

Okay so I haven't blogged in a week!  I'm so bad at these things.  I always say to myself that I will stay on top of all of my little projects, and wham bam, life just gets in the way!  There is not enough hours in the day!  To recap on the past week, if I can remember, Monday and Tuesday wasn't feeling to great and by Wednesday, I was sick.  They sent me home from work after chucking my breakfast and medicine I had taken to feel better in the first place.  The medicine made it worse.  Thursday I was much better and by Friday, back to my usual self.  Anyways, I have been spoiled by Spring Break...it does this to me every year.  I slack off school work after the break because the weather changes for the good and I do not want to be locked up inside studying.  But on a good note, I did get my forensic chemistry test back and guess what!  I got a one hundred and two percent!  And my lab partner and I got a one hundred on our lab for that day too!  This is a definite plus compared to Organic Chemistry 2, which I hated.  In the lab, we had 4 unknown drugs that we performed several color tests on, like Dille Koppanyi, the Scott Test, and Marquis.  Well, it was a waste of our time to do the color tests because we thought based on the color tests that we had these certain drugs, but when we analyzed our unknowns with the IR spectrometer we were wrong on all four and had totally different drugs.  Anyways, sorry to be speaking a foreign language to some, but it was kinda cool to be doing an experiment that people actually do on a regular basis.  We performed tests that forensic chemists do in crime labs all the time.  And we thought that we were handling a crazy illegal drug like cocaine.  How many of you can say that you handled cocaine?  Well, actually I can't say I have either, but anyways, I'm just a chemistry geek.  Not a druggie.  It was all for educational purposes, please don't take me to jail.  :)  Moving on.  Have I told you that planning a wedding is a day job?  And it's not all princess stories, hearts, rainbows and unicorns?  In other words, it's not all fun.  Unless you've had to plan a wedding, you don't know what I'm talking about and are probably thinking that I am out of my mind.  Don't get me wrong it will be worth the stress and worry in the end, but right now I wish it WAS over and done with.  Three months to go and I'm pretty sure I will either be gray, bald, or in the hospital.  Well I'm off to do some lab reports and homework.  Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment